"Customers are not interested in the things that you sell –
they buy services that they find valuable." – P. Viio
Do you want to gain an in-depth understanding of a phenomenon to improve your business?
When you face a business problem, we help you solve it. When you see a new phenomenon on the market, we help you understand it. Our aim is to help you to make informed decisions to reach better results.
What is Business Consulting 2.0?
Business Consulting 2.0 is a combination of consulting and research – a new type of business consulting that is based on scientific research. Unlike traditional business consulting, our Business Consulting 2.0 service focuses on studying and understanding a problem or challenge (related to sales and marketing) that you are facing and want to solve in an informed manner.
Unlike traditional sales or marketing consultants, we don’t offer off-the-shelf consulting packages or one-size-fits-all type of models or solutions. We focus on the actual task, which is helping you to improve your situation. With decades of experience from both hands-on business and scientific research, we have the toolset – and a global network of other scientists – to help you.
In contrast to many traditional consultants – who want to make themselves irreplaceable for you – we transfer the information and knowledge to you. We are not worried about making ourselves redundant. To the contrary, the faster you learn, the faster we can go help other companies in need.
To contact us, please click on the contact us button and fill in the necessary information. We will get back to you asap.
Why use the Business Consulting 2.0 service?
Businesses environments and markets are constantly changing and evolving. We are constantly faced by new things or phenomena that we need to understand well in order to make informed decisions. We help you understand in that process. If there is something related to sales and marketing that is of strategic importance for your business that you want to understand (e.g. a new phenomenon) to help you make better strategic decisions or take the right action, we can help you study and understand it.
The reasons for using our Business Consulting 2.0 service include:
- You can enjoy the first-mover advantage (of learning about new “things” or phenomena)
- You can remain incognito while we study the topic in stealth mode (under the radar of your competitors)
- You get VIP access to cutting-edge knowledge and new insights
- You get an external view on your business by using us
- You get higher-quality knowledge (by combining business research with scientific research methods)
As a result of the knowledge and insights that you get through our Business Consulting 2.0 service are invaluable for your strategy making processes and implementation. This service usually generates findings that you are unlikely to uncover by yourself or by using traditional business consultants. The outcomes and findings that we generate to you provide important input for your strategy-making process and help you plan ahead.
When to use our Business Consulting 2.0 service?
Use our service when you want to find the root cause to a problem / challenge or when you want to truly understand a phenomenon (that is related to sales and marketing) that affects your business.
Typical situations when our Business Consulting 2.0 service is valuable for you include:
- You are interested in understanding a new “thing” or phenomenon (e.g. value-based pricing, digitalization, need-based offerings)
- You are not sure how a new phenomenon could affect your business
- You see your competitors thrive while you are left behind without knowing why
- You need to increase your company’s sales, but are unsure about the right tools (e.g. compensation models or reward systems)
- You are exploring strategic alternatives and need an expert opinion or best-practice models
- You are considering to introduce a new service or product
- You want to need-based offerings
- You want to segment your customers based on the service(s) that they need
- You are considering to enter new markets
- You need a 3rd party expert to do a due diligence on the sales or service offering of a company that you consider acquiring
The Business Consulting 2.0 service is perfect for you when you are facing a situation that you want to understand and want an external expert opinion on. In this service we focus even more on your business compared to our multi-company programs. In our Business Consulting 2.0 service, we go deeper into the topic and also study how it affects your business. We can help you get to the bottom of what you want to understand to improve your business.
Which are the topic areas that the service focuses on?
As this is a service that is tailored to fit your situation, we can help you in virtually any topic related to sales, marketing and customer relationship management. We combine the best elements from scientific research and business consulting.
The topic areas in which we can help you gain a deeper understanding on questions and phenomena include:
- Personal selling
- Online selling
- Sales management
- Customer relationship management
- Customer experience management
- Marketing and sales coordination
- Sales and customer support
- Incentive systems and reward programs
- Service development
- Service innovation
- Market making
What kind of questions or phenomena does the service focus on?
You can approach us with any question or phenomenon that you want us to study and help you with.
Typical questions and phenomena that we study and help our customers with include:
- “How to re-organize the sales and sales support teams to perform better?”
- “How do we manage personal selling and e-selling?”
- “How could we improve the collaboration in the interfaces of sales, marketing and other functions?”
- “How should we incentivize and reward salespersons and sales supportive staff?”
- “How can we become a strategic supplier to our customers?”
- “What is the decision making process of our customers?”
- “What does the purchasing portfolio of our customers look like?”
- “How could we develop powerful value propositions?”
- “How should we do need-based customer segmentation?”
- “What does CEM – Customer Expectation Management mean and how do we do that?”
- “How could we apply value-based pricing to our products and services for better profit?”
- “How does business digitalization (including social media) affect our customer interaction?”
- “What does servitization mean and could this be of value for us?”
- “How do we develop a professional service innovation process?”
- “What does market shaping include and how can we do that?”
The above are only some of the questions that we study. If you have a question or phenomenon that you want to know more about, let us know. We are always open to study new interesting questions or phenomena in the areas of sales, marketing and customer relationship management that you want to gain a deeper understanding of.
How to proceed and what are the next steps?
To contact us, please click on the contact us button and fill in the necessary information. Let us know what you want us to solve. To discuss your needs in person, you can call Paul or Avinash directly.
Frequently asked questions and our answers:
Q: Don’t consulting companies already do these types of projects or assignments?
A: Usually they don’t. Normal consulting companies rarely take on assignments like this, perhaps because they don’t have the capabilities for that or because such projects may not be lucrative enough for them. We are genuinely interested in the work what we do, money is not the driver for us.
Q: Is the confidential information that we (or our customers) provide in safe hands?
A: Yes, it is. We take confidentiality very seriously. During the assignments we deal with company- and customer-sensitive information. We follow strict guidelines for ethical behavior in research when acquiring data. Moreover, to protect the companies and respondents in any distribution or dissemination of the data that is gathered, we apply our confidentiality policy. This includes that we do not reveal who has said what. We are interested in solving problems and learning about new phenomena and in helping you to apply that knowledge.
Q: What is the fee structure and how much do you charge for your Business Consulting 2.0 service?
A: As the service is always tailored to correspond to your needs and situation, we do not have a standard fee structure or fee that we charge. Normally we calculate the fee based on the amount of time and resources that we estimate the assignment to take. Compared to normal consulting fees, however, the fees that we charge are fairly modest. This is because our service is part research, part consulting.
Q: Do the assignments qualify for governmental funding (e.g. from Tekes, Vinnova or similar)?
A: In some cases, yes, but this is very much case-by-case. In case the assignment is part of a larger project that focuses on for example internationalization or other development of your business or offering, you could be eligible for governmental funding in your country (e.g. Finland). We recommend you to find out more from the appropriate governmental organizations in your country.